Accera Kalompoang Ri Gowa, Sugguminasa, South Sulawesi.
Accera Kalompoang or Allangiri Kalompoang is a traditional ceremony to purify the heirlooms of Gowa Kingdom that are kept in the Balla Lompoa Museum., Gowa Regency (about 12 km from down town Makassar). The core of the ceremony, in Makassar language name it Allangiri Kalompoang, purifying and weight measuring of "Salokoa" (pure golden crown the kingdom of Gowa) which was made in the 14th century. This crown was worn for the first time by the King of Gowa name it Tumanurunga (The first king of Gowa) that was later symbolized in the inauguration of the next Kings of Gowa, Makassar, South Sulawesi, Indonesia.
Some of royal objects that are purified are a rattan spear horse tail haired, an old iron chopping knife (lasippo), a diamond-gold Kris (tatarapang), a sacred weapon as the authorized king attribute (sudanga), a dragon-head gold bracelet (ponto janga-jangaya), a grandeur necklace (kolara), pure gold earrings (bangkarak ta`roe), and a gold button (kancing gaukang). Besides those heirloom objects, there are imported objects that were kept and purified in the Balla Lompoa Museum as well, such as a necklace from Zulu Kingdom, Philippines, on the 16th century; three gold spears; a long berang manurung (chopping knife); a pure gold plate from British Kingdom in 1814 A.D; and a gold medal from Dutch.
The purify of those royal objects uses the holly water begun by reading of Al-Qur'an verses Al-Fatihah a by the participants led by an Anrong Gurua/gurutta (Great Guru). Special for the heirloom weapons like Kris, chopping knife, and spear sharp point, the washing is done differently, being rubbed by perfume, rattan slice, and lime. This ceremony is not only visited by the descendants of Gowa Kingdom, but also by public wearing Makasar traditional dress in that event.
This sacred traditional ceremony for the first time was hold by the first Muslim of King of Gowa, I Mangngarrangi Daeng Mangrabbia Karaeng Lakiung Sultan Alauddin on Jumadil Awal Ninth, 1051 A.D. or September 20th,1605A.D. This ceremony had not become a tradition for King of Gowa XV, I Mannuntungi Daeng Mattola Karaeng Ujung Karaeng Lakiung Sultan Malikussaid Tumenanga Ri Papambatuna who customized this ceremony every 10 Zulhijjah, after shaala Eid Adha, although King of Gowa XIV had started it. Then, the XVI King of Gowa, I Mallombasi Daeng Mattawang Karaeng Bontomanggape Sultan Hasanuddin Tumenanga Ri Balla Pangkana who was titled the Cock from the east, inserted Islam elements in this ceremony, was sacrificed-animal slaughter and since that time, the next Kings of Gowa keep doing the Accera Kalompoang Ceremony and recently is still done by their descendants.
The most interesting of the Accera Kalompoang ceremony is measuring the weight of salokoa (pure gold crown the kingdom of Gowa) which is 1,768 grams weight and 30 centimeters diameter, and adorned with 250 diamonds. The measurement is very important for the leader and the people of Gowa because it is the guidelines for human being in the future. The crown is never repaired by adding or subtracting the weight, but when the measurement is being done in this Accera Kalompoang ceremony, the crown weight is changeable, sometimes less and sometimes more. If the crown weight decreases, it is an indication that disaster will be in their country. Once upon a time, the crown weight decreased then landslide occurred in Bawakaraeng which took tens victims. In other hand, if the crown weight increase, it is an indicator of prosperity for Gowa people. One day, the crown that is less than 2 kilograms in weight could not be lifted by anyone, even 4 people who tried to lift it up, but they could not.
The traditional ceremony is held annually after Shaala Eidul Adha on Zulhijjah 10th, Hijriyah in every years at the Balla Lompoa Museum. Most of visitor comes from both family Gowa kings, officials, local people and others general public. For the visitors who want to see the procession of Accera Kalompoang Ceremony are free, but the wear must in Makasar traditional clothes. If there is a visitor does not wear it, thus the custom official who is in the location will lend the traditional clothes formed special sarong of Makasar people named lipa' sabe (silk sarong).
Inheritance of property is purify are :
- Salokoa (crown prince)
- Sudanga (similar weapons)
- Pannyanggaya (place of spear)
- Lasippo (chopper)
- Tatarapang (a kind of golden keris)
- Janga ponto-jangaya (bracelet)
- Kolara (chain)
- Bangkarak Ta'roe (like earrings)
- Gaukang button (a button of gold)
- Tobo Kaluku (a kind of gold, the kingdom of ritual equipment)
- Mata tombak (The spear)
- Gaukang ring (a ring of pure gold)
- Berang manurung (like chopping knife)
- Penning gold (the United Kingdom)
- Medali emas (Gold Medal)
- Makassar Trans Studio Family Fun Tour Packages, 2 Days / 1 Night.
- Makassar Trans Studio Family Fun Tour Packages, 3 Days / 2 Nights (1).
- Makassar Trans Studio Family Fun Tour Packages, 3 Days / 2 Nights (1A).
- Makassar Trans Studio Family Fun Tour Packages, 4 Days / 3 Nights.
- Makassar Historical Tour Packages, 3 Days / 2 Nights.
- Amazing Makassar – Malino – Bantimurung Tour, 4 Days / 3 Nights.
- Amazing Makassar Tour Packages, 3 Days / 2 Nights.
- Explorer Makassar Tour Packages, 5 Days / 4 Nights.
- Makassar Padi Valley Golf Tour, 3 Days / 2 Nights.
- Makassar Padi Valley Golf Tour, 4 Days / 3 Nights.
- Aryaduta Hotel Makassar
- Sahid Hotel Makassar
- Quality Plaza Hotel Makassar
- Grand Clarion Hotel Makassar
- Singgasana Hotel Makassar
- Aston Hotel & Convention
- Horison Hotel Makassar
- Pantai Gapura Hotel Makassar
- Santika Hotel Makassar
- Royal Regency Hotel Makassar
- Aerotel Smile Makassar
- Swiss Belinn Hotel Makassar
- Banua Hotel Makassar
- Kenari Tower Hotel Makassar
- Jakarta Hotel Makassar
- Grand Town Hotel Makassar
- Coklat Hotel Makassar
- Grand Celino Hotel
- Losari Metro Hotel Makassar
- Losari Beach Hotel Makassar
- Losari Beach Inn Makassar
- Grand Palace Hotel Makassar
- Yasmin Hotel Makassar
- Valentino Hotel Makassar
- Amaris Hotel Makassar
- Denpasar Hotel Makassar